Bachelor's degree is required.
The Health Care Policy Analyst is a core member of Steward's public policy team. The Health Care Policy Analyst proactively monitors and analyzes state and federal regulatory and policy changes, including forecasting financial impacts and drafting communications on these analyses to advance Steward's public policy and business objectives.
• Conduct policy analysis & forecasting projects to deliver accurate and on-time deliverables, including reports, models and ad-hoc analyses
• Coordinate with the VP of Policy, Strategy and Government Relations to proactively forecast the financial impacts to Steward of federal and state statutory, regulatory and policy changes, especially those relating to Medicare and Medicaid
• Draft alternatives that Steward can offer to such policies
• Develop memos and guidance as necessary regarding impacts and strategic recommendations to the appropriate Steward teams and executives
• Analyze business opportunities and financial impact of participation in new Medicare/Medicaid programs
• Develop expertise with both internal and publicly available health care data sources
• Develop team-based relationships as needed with key Steward units
• Provide analytic support to other departments, as requested
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
o Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
o Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
• Strong research skills in identifying publicly available data, publications, and sources to support analyses as needed
• Strong communication and writing skills including the ability to accurately and clearly interpret, summarize, and graphically present complex data. Proficiency in PowerPoint is preferred.
• Knowledge of the health care delivery system, health reform, health care finance & policy, including Medicare and Medicaid policy
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, deliver work products on deadline, and respond to new requests with fast turn-around, as needed
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• 2-3 years of experience in health care policy and data analysis, health care consulting, health care economics, or health care finance, or a combination of a Master's degree and related work experience.
• Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point
Last updated by Neha Sharma Mar 21.