Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: 01/05/2017
Deadline Date: 04/21/2017
John Snow, Inc./World Education, Inc. is seeking a full-time HR Administrator to work in the headquarters office in Boston, MA. The HR Administrator will provide assistance to and support both domestic and international staff in a variety of human resource functional areas. The HR Administrator will work with HR professionals in JSI and WEI offices, and will report to the Associate Director, Human Resources in the Boston office.
Responsibilities of the HR Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a HR resource to staff, advising and/or assisting on company policy and procedure, jobs database functions, recruiting, benefits and other HR related issues.
- Maintain all, and make any necessary updates to HR related files in both hardcopy form and within HRIS software
- Assist with the collection and maintenance of data and reporting information, as well as appropriate outreach for JSI and World Education’s Affirmative Action Plans
- Manage the corporate relationship, enrollments, and annual renewals, as applicable, with medical and security evacuation assistance provider(s)
- Generate and review a variety of monthly reports to distribute to select individuals or groups of staff for relevant area of responsibility
- Prepare for and conduct new hire orientations, covering required new employee information, policies and procedures, eligible benefits, along with file set-up, HRIS data entry, and E-Verify employment eligibility check – all on an alternating schedule
- Review and process all HR and Payroll related forms on a regular basis
- Assist with the development and facilitation of HR related trainings and workshops
- Attend relevant HR meetings – internal and external – with advance preparation if organized and/or facilitating
- Perform other relevant HR related duties, functions, or projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in business, human resources, or related field
- Two years of experience in a human resources or business environment
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with initiative to work independently in a team setting, managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment
- Ability to travel periodically to domestic office locations
- Familiarity with HRIS software systems
- Exposure to and familiarity with employment law, compliance issues, and benefits administration
- Knowledge and basic understanding and application of accounting principles and government funding agencies
- Experience in humanitarian service; domestic and international community health
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 04/21/2017.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.