PCG- Research Assistant – Job Description
PCG is a management consulting firm that is almost exclusively dedicated to serving the public sector. Inside the Health Division, our clients are Medicaid agencies, Insurance Departments and other various health and human service offices.
The Research Assistant will focus almost entirely on the design and evaluation of large Medicaid reform demonstration projects and will serve dual roles in project management support and as a data analysts across several engagements. PCG is looking for someone with a strong quantitative background who is comfortable working with popular statistical software packages including STATA, SAS or SPSS. Someone with a demonstrated history of working in data analytics in a health system (hospitals or insurers) would be a significant strength.
Knowledge of the problems that the modern healthcare delivery system is facing and Medicaid programs specifically is a must. A strong dedication to seeing Medicaid programs succeed, improve and thrive is an absolute must and candidates must be willing to work well with dynamic teams.
The R.A. will work within the Health Innovation, Policy, and Information Technology (HIPIT) unit inside of PCG Health. The candidate chosen must be willing to spend time at both our Corporate office in downtown Boston as well as travel to client sites around the country and work remotely with Academic partners around the Greater Boston area, telecommuting is also encouraged where appropriate. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with professional and academic researchers on all aspects of study design approaches from forming critical research questions, developing analysis approach, identifying data needs and producing all aspects of research findings;
- Owning data gathering checklists and working with study participants and clients (primarily Medicaid agencies) on data gathering;
- Assisting with the administration of and participating in qualitative research activities including semi-structed interviews as a transcriber as well as a follow-up data coder (converting interview notes to analyzable data);
- Contributing to written/verbal status reports for clients on program performance;
- Other project management responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field preferred;
- Experience working with healthcare performance data preferred;
- Proficiency in STAT, SAS and / or SPSS preferred;
- Ability to work on-site in the Boston, MA office; and travel to client sites required (up to approximately 10%).
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to Aaron Holman, Associate Manager / Health