Global Health Fellows Program II
Tuberculosis Division, Office of Infectious Diseases, Bureau for Global Health, United States Agency for International Development
Anticipated timeframe: January 2018 - June 2018: Compensated 6 month internship
Location: Washington, DC/Arlington, VA
The Global Health Fellows Program (GHFP-II) is a cooperative agreement implemented and managed by the Public Health Institute in partnership with Global Health Corps, GlobeMed, Management Systems International and PYXERA Global. GHFP-II is supported by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the TB team’s implementation of activities related to MDR-TB projects, reports, and programs including, but not limited to:The Drug Resistant-TB (DR-TB) Care Package pilot, a key activity of the National Action Plan; Planning, implementation and monitoring of the introduction of Shorter Treatment and New Drug regimens;USAID/Janssen Bedaquiline Donation Program and pharmacovigilance system workshops; National Action Plan planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Assisting TB Team with analyzing global TB data with the focus on MDR-TB data.
- Conducting literature reviews on MDR-TB topics, new drugs and regimens, and providing summaries of the publications.
- Collecting and consolidating project data and assisting team with publishing and dissemination.
- Assisting team with the communication of results and deliverables through reports and presentations.
- Providing logistical support to organize meetings, conference calls and webinars.
- Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned based on organizational and programming needs and/or the Intern’s own interests.
- Currently enrolled master’s or other post-bachelor’s degree candidate in a program related to social sciences, public health or related fields; or, completion of such within the past 12 months.
- Experience with or knowledge of TB and MDR-TB.
- Strong interest in Global Health with the emphasis on TB.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- US citizenship or US permanent residency required.
$1,826 bi-weekly (exempt, salaried position).
TO APPLY:Detailed information, including an online application and instructions, is available on our website at www.ghfp.net. All applications must be submitted by September 27, 2017 at 5:00 pm eastern time.