WHO YOU ARE:
The Director, Youth Leadership Development will oversee the implementation of the youth
leadership development program and will serve as the master trainer and program facilitator. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of youth/young adult engagement principles and a passion for the mission of Truth Initiative, helping to create America's first tobacco-free generation.
Truth Initiative is an award-winning nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing our nation's number one preventable cause of disease and death. To speak, seek and spread the truth
about tobacco, we are building a team of smart, creative and passionate professionals who
represent diverse backgrounds and disciplines. Find out more about us at truthinitiative.org.
- Oversee implementation of current youth leadership development programming and maximize effectiveness of current programming through a regional training model.
- Develop overall youth leadership program strategies with clearly defined outputs and outcomes in line with organizational priorities and goals.
- Supervise and develop the competencies and confidence of youth development staff team members through coaching, professional development and effective management skills.
- Act as a thought partner to the Vice President of Campaigns, Community and Youth
- Engagement on strategy and tactics for expanding the youth leadership program
- Develop and cultivate strategic partnerships to expand youth leadership programming and impact.
- Develop and implement a youth ambassador training curriculum, incorporating effective practices in program delivery and sustainability.
- Manage all aspects of internal youth leadership trainings including planning, outreach and recruitment, logistics, and post training communications and engagement.
- Maintain adherence to brand standards and effectively communicate these standards to youth leadership program participants.
- Serve as master trainer and program facilitator.
- Manage all budgets associated with youth leadership programs and serve s responsible steward of Truth Initiative’s funding.
- Work closely with our evaluation department to develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of youth leadership programs and to identify areas for improvement and expansion.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in leadership development.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in working with youth and/or young adults and possess strong knowledge of youth/young adult engagement principles.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Experience in developing, implementing and leading effective and innovative youth and young adult programs with a focus on social justice, health equity and advocacy.
- Must have excellent communication skills and prior experience developing and moderating training events.
- Programmatic experience in working with public agencies and the non-profit sector on a national level, as well as working with local community based and voluntary organizations is preferred.
- Ability to travel 35-40%.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with salary history, and cover letter here: http://truthinitiative.applytojob.com/apply/71vwkog52D/Director-Youth-Leadership-Development
Mail application materials to:
Attn: Director, Youth Leadership Development
900 G Street, NW, Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20001