The Clinic Manager is at the heart of our Pediatrics Clinic, collaborating with
multiple departments to improve capacity and flow, allowing better access for our patients and
creating a healthy work environment for all.
This position is responsible for overall development and implementation of systems and
operations for a large Pediatrics practice. This position provides supervision and
oversight in the management of daily operations and administrative activities, so that
operations are efficient, consistent, productive and supportive of successful maintenance
and/or growth of services.
The manager works collaboratively with the Associate Medical Director (AMD), the Regional
Manager and the Director of Medical Operations in meeting the strategic goals of the
practice and the agency.
Who We Are:
La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing
culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a
sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Major Areas of Responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Practices open communication with staff and providers regarding issues related to operations.
- In collaboration with the AMD, the Clinic Manager hires and trains employees, develops job descriptions, posts vacancies, Interviews, hires and trains employees. The clinic manager works on planning, assigning, and directing work flows.
- Participates in the development and administration of service programs (Grant funded programming, etc.) with providers and staff.
- Collaborates with other managers and supervisors across departments in refining and streamlining best practices in ways that benefit both patients and employees.
- Appraises work performance, which includes celebrating successes, performing yearly employee evaluations, and following through on performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions.
- The manager also addresses staff complaints and helps resolve work related issues that arise within the clinic.
- In conjunction with the AMD, the clinic manager oversees, develops, and coordinates appropriate administrative and clinical policies, procedures and protocols for effective services.
- Coordinates clinic schedules with hospital coverage schedules, mitigating conflicts.
- Participates in organizational committees or work groups to appropriately represent the department.
- Works collaboratively with site leadership on provider schedules and site resources to effectively deliver services.
- Conducts and administers fiscal operations, including planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, and coordinating financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor, and in conjunction with the AMD.
- Helps create a supportive and productive environment for all staff.
- Assures new personnel receive a thorough orientation to La Clínica, coordinating with HR, IT and other departments.
- Supports the department supervisors who oversee the medical assistants, office assistants, urgent care staff and registration staff.
- Provides administrative supervision to frontline staff, including department supervisors.
- Executes human resources supervisory responsibilities in accordance with La Clínica’s policies, procedures and applicable laws, consulting with the Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Provides ongoing evaluation, and develops service improvement processes to ensure patient care, staff relations, and operational efficiencies are well integrated.
- Documents, investigates and resolves patient complaints, referring unusual problems to Regional Manager and Operations Director.
- Develops medical services and educational programs in support of the department’s overall role in La Clinica’s mission.
- Assures principles of customer service are demonstrated in all aspect of department operations.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Oversight of personnel: Must have experience in overseeing staff members, building morale and team building, as well as disciplining employees.
- Language: Must have strong written and conversational skills in English. Having conversational Spanish skills is not a requisite, but is desired.
- Patient Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing patient services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of patient satisfaction.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word
processing, spreadsheet experience, and managing files and records.
- Personnel and Human Resources: Working knowledge of principles and procedures for
personnel recruitment, including selection, onboarding, performance management and training.
- Health Technology: Working knowledge and experience with NextGen Practice Management
- System and Electronic Health Record and Microsoft Office software. Epic or other EHR experience also helpful.
- Can work courteously and effectively with stakeholders and maintain good working
relationships with other staff at all levels.
- Can create and manage a budget, documenting and adhering to revenues and expenses.
- Ability to problem solve in a low resource setting.
Experience and Other Certifications
- Two years’ experience in a supervisory or management position preferred and Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Business, or Public Health.
- Previous experience working in a health care outpatient setting
- Cultural competence working in diverse/low income communities.
Visit http://www.laclinica.org/ to apply