Location: San Diego, CAAdditional Locations:
Job Number: 766175Date posted: 02/06/2019
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
National management of all provider contracts, fee schedules, and provider demographic data for KP; both internal and external providers.
Working with KP project managers, the intern will be engaged in project management work including data gathering and data extraction from multiple applications, and composition of key management reports for National PSA leaders. Additional duties will include SharePoint data management, re-configuring the contract design interpretation documents into a document library. New learning opportunities will be presented to the intern including SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013, InfoPath Designer 2013, MS Access, Tableau, Excel, MIRA (Pega Systems platform), MS Project.
Desired Skill Set:
Familiarity with Share Point, data compilation, data extraction from multiple systems, data analysis, and composition of key management reports.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Primary Location: California,San Diego, California Service Center - Rio S.D. 8954 Rio San Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Non-Union, Non-Exempt Job Level: Entry Level Job Category: Administration, Clerical and Support Services Department: NCA - Nat'l Provider System Administration Travel: No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Last updated by Neha Sharma Feb 11.