Roles & Responsibilities:
- Mount Sinai’s Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) is seeking a full time Youth Prevention Coordinator (YPC) to provide overall coordination and oversight for the YASS! (Young Adult Sexual health Services) grant-funded program. YASS! seeks to connect with young men who have sex with men (MSM) of color in Northern Manhattan and the South Bronx, offering HIV and STI education and programming, testing, treatment, linkage to care, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) and PrEP (pre-exposure HIV prophylaxis). The Coordinator will work closely with and supervise a community-based tester, ensuring linkage and navigation to the Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) clinics for clients interested in engaging in care or participating in YASS! program activities. After training, the Coordinator will also recruit, convene and facilitate evidence based intervention (D-Up!) groups of young MSM of color to help educate the community around HIV prevention and treatment options. The Coordinator will also work closely with the Prevention Program Manager and Entitlements Specialist, ensuring access to care, and a myriad of clinical and administrative staff both within IAM, and at collaborating and external agencies.
The YPC will be chiefly responsible for identifying and networking with community events and venues serving young people, connecting with organizers to schedule and implement testing in the community, then linkage navigation and case management to connect people to YASS! programming, medical care and related referrals. The right candidate will be culturally intelligent and outgoing, able to connect with a wide variety of people to provide first-rate clinical and educational services.
The YPC should be knowledgeable around HIV and STI transmission and prevention strategies, though training will also be provided. They will work in collaboration with IAM Prevention Program Manager, other Prevention program staff and IAM clinical providers, and supervise/collaborate with a field based Health Educator/HIV Test Counselor.
- Provide HIV, HCV and STI rapid testing on-site and off-site, with documentation and follow-through per guidelines. Testing may occur at traditional (e.g. clinic, school, CBO) and non-traditional (e.g. bars, hotel parties, sex clubs) environments, and will involve routine scheduled evening and weekend hours.
- Provide education, linkage and navigation activities services to ensure all clients are linked to healthcare and related services.
- Provide structured interventions for newly diagnosed HIV positive clients.
- Supervises and supports HIV Test Counselor/Outreach Worker.
- Acts as point person for all project activities, liaising internally and with external partners to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Completes necessary paperwork, documentation in the EPIC Electronic Medical Record, and reporting in AIRS or other systems for all testing, linkage, outreach and intervention activities.
- Assists in preparing all internal and external narrative reports and work with Data Manager to review and report data.
- Participates in evaluation and CQI activities for project.
- Identifies and creates opportunities for community outreach, education and recruitment for program activities.
- Provides networking and outreach targeting young MSM of color:
- to recruit for testing
- to recruit for, facilitate and complete evidence-based intervention groups and related services per grant requirements
- Link to entitlements/benefits with Entitlements Coordinator and Social Worker, entitlements agencies and other relevant entities.
- Other duties as required.
Apply on Indeed