To strengthen its member community clinics and health centers and networks through advocacy, education, and services in order to improve the health status of their communities.
Purpose of Position:
To develop and manage the Association’s training program including training and technical assistance projects and related services that enhance the capabilities of community clinics and health centers and advance the work of the Association.
1. In-Person Training Management
a. Provide oversight and management for CPCA’s in-person training sessions.
b. Coordinate across departments to support in-person trainings and programs, including content,
logistics, planning, budget, etc.
c. Manage speaker coordination, scheduling, and contracts; monitor work plans and timelines;
and engage partners and staff when necessary to ensure that project timelines and deliverables
are achieved and projects stay within budget.
d. Oversee registration processes and coordinate efforts to improve such systems.
e. Maintain relationships with subject matter experts who can provide training on a variety of
topics to meet member needs.
2. Speaker & Event Coordination
a. Manage agenda and content for all Boutique events including Call for Presenters process,
speaker selection, preparation, and coordination for general sessions, and breakout sessions
b. Manage speaker contracts and oversee reimbursement process.
c. Support registration processes for attendees as well as staff and speakers and coordinate
efforts to improve such systems.
d. Develop and communicate guidelines for presenter best practices (e.g. Power Point format &
content, tips for interactive sessions, etc.).
e. Work closely with other DER staff to plan and execute appropriate room set-up for all sessions,
including a/v equipment, staging, etc.
3. Business Development & Systems Management
a. Develop and implement strategies to enhance training revenue and resources.
b. Provide input and support for the statewide training budget.
c. Prepare scheduled and special reports; prepare grant reports; maintain program/project
records and statistical information.
4. Training Program Leadership
a. Participate in internal and external discussions to address member training and TA needs.
b. Support strategic development of the annual training calendar, ensuring that trainings are
informed by data such as needs assessments, training evaluations, and trend analysis.
c. Prepare budgets as needed and monitor expenses and revenues. Develop regular tracking
systems in coordination with the finance department.
d. Develop and maintain a regular training evaluation process that reviews the outcome of
training objectives, participant experiences, revenue projections, and presenter feedback and
use that information to enhance future offerings.
e. Write, edit, and coordinate the creation of training descriptions, educational materials, and/or
manuals. Work with CPCA marketing staff on promotional materials, such as event programs,
brochures, flyers, marketing emails, etc.
1. Attends and participates in all staff meetings of the Association.
2. Reports regularly to the Deputy Director of Development & Training.
3. Participates in Association events and represents the Association as requested.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Talents Required:
1. Effective oral and written communications.
2. Event coordination and planning experience.
3. Highly organized.
4. Effective problem solving skills.
5. Strong time management skills.
6. Proficient in commonly used software products and databases.
7. Enthusiasm for and commitment to working within a mission-driven organization.
1. Resolve conflicts in a precise and timely manner.
2. Manage multiple tasks.
3. Establish effective relationships and communication with CPCA membership.
4. Establish rapport with others in business and community settings.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of three years’ experience in project coordination, planning, and training implementation. Familiarity with community clinics and health centers highly preferred. Experience with membership associations preferred.
Salary: $76,729 + Excellent benefits
To Apply: Submit cover letter indicating where you heard about this position, resume, and professional references in
MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX 916-440-8172.
Last updated by Janet Umenta Jun 2.