Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, the Administrative Director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from content expertise on diversity, equity and inclusion, to revenue generation and development, administrative oversight, strategic planning and visioning, and oversight and management of projects as part of the Vice President’s portfolio at MGH. The Administrative Director will partner closely with the Vice President to chart MGH’s future growth and strategic response to an ever-increasing demand for both the development and execution of initiatives focused on diversity, equity and inclusion across the four pillars of the organization’s mission—clinical care, training, research, and community health. Central to gauging the performance of this position is the ability to help lead an efficient and effective effort in a manner that fosters a spirit of teamwork and mutual cooperation towards the shared goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Relationship Building
- Serves as an intentional ambassador who creates authentic relationships with other leaders internal and external to the organization
- Participates as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Helps create and direct the overall strategy on diversity, equity and inclusion, and stewards the culture of the organization.
- Establishes short- and long-term priorities and collaborates to ensure the organization is achieving its performance metrics and goals.
- Serves as a key internal and external spokesperson, directly supporting and participating in efforts to raise the organization’s profile as a leader in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Acts as a liaison and key representative to other departments within Massachusetts General Hospital, including the President’s office, as well as those led by Chiefs, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents as well as other operational leads and all associated leadership committees.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters discreetly and to ensure confidentiality guidelines are maintained
- Ability to appropriately evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Spark, imagination, creativity and a spirit of innovation
- Ability to remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Acts as a liaison and key representative to external partners, including those from professional societies, trade organizations, health care systems, public health entities, and community-based organizations.
Content Expertise and Program Management
- Maintains a strong understanding of the fields of diversity, equity and inclusion and how they impact MGH, Partners HealthCare, and the health care system more broadly.
- Demonstrates thought leadership around specific topics/emerging practice areas related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Hires and supervises staff, overseeing orientation, facilitating training and performance development, and completing performance evaluations on schedule. Develops team members to reach their maximum potential.
- Demonstrates the propensity to use pro-active planning and execution to ensure successful management and execution of all programs and projects.
- Works closely with the appropriate parties within MGH to develop and manage the operating budget
Fundraising and Development
- Builds alliances with the MGH Development Office in pursuit of high net worth individuals, corporations, health systems and foundations to enhance the organization’s visibility in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion, and helps secure ongoing funding that supports the organization’s priorities
Assists in the development of revenue creating activities that support MGH’s efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Thoughtful strategist with the ability to see broad developments in the healthcare landscape and match MGH’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy to unique demands that will maximize the organizations ability to fully develop
- Track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and maintain a positive disposition
- Strong political sense and emotional intelligence; ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about the mission and impact of diversity, equity and inclusion at MGH
- Transparent, direct, with substance
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, and extremely well-organized
- Demonstrates forthrightness and integrity
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree required.
Master’s degree in public health, health administration, management and/or business administration.
Required: 5 or more years of experience that preferably includes leadership within healthcare
APPLY HERE: http://bit.ly/2GBOSWq