Docent Health, a venture-backed health care & technology start-up based in Boston, is innovating health care by putting humanity at the center. We help health systems build and retain lasting patient relationships by treating everyone as high-value customers.
Our team of patient navigators (called Docents) manage patient needs, answer questions, and always put people first.
When executed correctly, “great care” coupled with “great experience” results in happier patients, better clinical outcomes, and improved communication between patients and the hospitals that care for them. Join us on our journey to improve lives and revolutionize health care!
Our Virtual Docents support patients digitally and over the phone by embodying our mission of improving care and healthcare delivery with every interaction. Everyone works from the comfort of their own home. We are looking for another positive, hardworking, and empathetic person to help us expand our reach.
Virtual Docents are Responsible for:
- Conducting outreach via phone or text to prepare patients for their hospital/clinic visit and ensure they’re settling in well at home after their visit
- Serving as a single point of contact for patients as they navigate sometimes difficult health care systems
- Presenting a warm, open presence for patients during every interaction
- Serving as a hub for all questions – quickly answering non-clinical inquires and directing patients to the right resources within and outside of the hospital/clinic
- Acting as an ambassador for patients and collaborating with their care team on patient preferences and concerns
- Documenting patient preferences, questions, and issues in Docent’s app while respecting privacy laws for patient protection (HIPAA)
- Maintaining positive working relationships with patients, their families, & care teams
- Partnering with Docent Health’s team to build out knowledge-base and service offering while supporting patients
Education and Experience Required:
- Polished written & verbal communication skills
- Great at listening and empathizing
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills. We often need to be creative and think on our feet!
- Excitement to learn & master new technology
- Goal oriented – you’re motivated to deliver consistent, high-quality service
- Collaborative, yet confident in your ability to work independently
- Spanish language skills a plus